Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Niels Beekman <ni...@wis.nl> on 2005/05/31 13:54:18 UTC

TypeHandlerCallback and lazy loading

Hi,

I've successfully used TypeHandlerCallback to load some complex
datatypes. Now I'm facing the following problem: I have a resultmap
which has 5 typehandler-definitions, when I load an object using this
resultmap, the typehandlers are called instantly, which cause lots of
DB-queries to be executed.

Is there a way to enable lazy loading for typehandlers? Maybe to keep
the ResultGetter in cache and only execute a special construction-method
when the property is requested?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Niels

Re: TypeHandlerCallback and lazy loading

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Lazy loading won't reduce the number of queries, unless you're never
accessing the data you're retrieving, in which case I'd ask why you're

Consider joining the data and mapping it with groupBy="" and a nested
resultMap. This faq might help

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+get+around+the+N+Plus+1+selects+problem%3F

Cheers,
Clinton