Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com> on 2013/03/04 17:35:14 UTC

Re: AW: Hyphenation

I think it better to require the author to insert SOFT HYPHEN (&#x00AD;)
rather than encode more adhoc rules into the existing code.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM, <ma...@zf.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,****
>
> ** **
>
> I‘ve got some more cases with the hyphenation issue.****
>
> So, is it possible to extent the hyphenation patch with things like
> “0xFFFFFFFF” and identifierers with numbers used like
> characters (R2D2_C3PO or TAB2D_3_260) . I also get problems with ****
>
> things like abc_dfe_RTF_XYZ() or GET_MILEAGE_FROM_NAB() . The ****
>
> brackets at the end seems to produce some nonhypenated strings. ****
>
> ** **
>
> So maybe it is possible to have something like a emergency hyphenating, so
> it beaks if the lineOverflows event will be thrown. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Original: ****
>
>  TAB_1892****
>
> ** **
>
> Result:****
>
>   TAB-****
>
> _1892****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards****
>
> ** **
>
> Markus****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

AW: AW: Hyphenation

Posted by ma...@zf.com.
Hi,

yes, that’s not the right place. I found that the hyphenationpoints in the hyphenationtree is not correct.

They include only the hyphenations for words.

Best regards

Markus

Subject: Hyphenation

Re: AW: Hyphenation