Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Martin Balmaceda <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/19 14:24:55 UTC

Isis Security Addon Custom ApplicationUser

Hola

I see there are two options to working with the security addon:

1. "Out of the box" = add maven dependency and change shiro.ini
2. Base your project on the security addon example application

I would like to know if there is a way to use my own ApplicationUser domain
object to extend the users while still using for option 1.

I would use option 2 but it seems the example application is using a
simplified or perhaps older version of wicket (I could be mistaken on this
though).

Please let me know if this does makes sense.

Regards
Martin

--
to do is to be. dobedobedo

Re: Isis Security Addon Custom ApplicationUser

Posted by Martin Balmaceda <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks I agree, option 1 is much better.

As for my user case: I have a system that hosts a number or organizations
orthogonally. What I need to do is associate each user to exactly 1 org so
that he/she can only see and modify information belonging to that org.

After looking at the problem, I figure that the best way to do it would be
to use the security module and add an Organization property to
ApplicationUser. Unfortunately it seems I would have to fork the module and
add my custom Orgnization domain object to it.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
Hi Martin,