Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Galia Angelova <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/30 15:15:57 UTC

XML on the browser

Hello,
I have the following question:

Is it possible to use XML and XSL  on the browser with cocoon?

If "yes"  - are there any examples?

Thanks in advance!

Galia Angelova

System architecht
Acsior Ltd.

Re: XML on the browser

Posted by Beat De Martin <be...@gmx.ch>.
Hi
The only disadvantage I see if you transform in the browser, you won't knoe
of there are any transformig errors. If you do it on the web server you've
got everthing under control.
Cheers
Beat De Martin
Zurich. Switzerland

Re: XML on the browser

Posted by Galia Angelova <ga...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks to all of you :-)

Re: XML on the browser

Posted by Franz Philipp Moser <ph...@chello.at>.
Am Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2003 15:15 schrieb Galia Angelova:
> Hello,
> I have the following question:
> Is it possible to use XML and XSL  on the browser with cocoon?

Yes it is

> If "yes"  - are there any examples?

If you are familiar with XML you know the answer. In your xml file you have to
add the following line, after the xml declaration, for clientside processing.

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="simple.xsl" ?>

or you maybe want to use a css-stylesheet to format the xml

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="simple.css" ?>

In the cocoon sitemap you just have to serialize xml with the correct mime
type.

text/xml for the xml-files
text/xsl for the xsl files

I think :)

But I think you wont need cocoon if you do client side xml processing.

<snip />

cu Philipp