Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by jo...@ch.abb.com on 2001/06/23 19:20:40 UTC

Maintaining sessions and EJBs failure ?

Dear all,

I'm currently stuck with maintaining a session using an EJB service (within
Weblogic 6.0sp1). The idea is
to deploy a SOAP service that shall store some user-dependent data while a user
is accessing it.
As I understand the scope of "Session" for the service should do exactly that.
My service is as a
(stateful) SessionBean.

The deployment descriptor looks sth. like:
<isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatefulEJBProvider"
                scope="Session"
                methods="create">

The deployment works fine, meaning I can call the methods of my EJB.
Unfortunately it seems like with
every call  a new instance of it is created, though I maintain the session on
the client's side as described
in the AddressBook2 sample, like

Call soapcall = new Call();
SOAPHTTPConnection shc = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
shc.setMaintainSession(true);
soapcall.setSOAPTransport(shc);

Strange enough, the same happens if I change the scope of the service to
"Application", which indicates
that the problem may be a misunderstanding on my side, not a problem with the
SOAP implementation.
Since I'm stuck right now, any help on this subject would be appreciated!

Regards
Joerg