Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Victor <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 21:04:08 UTC

Ring buffer with Artemis: paging mode

Hi all,

I have been considering to implement something similar to a ring buffer
with artemis to deliver server metrics to a number of backends:

I was hoping to be able to:

- have a topic √
- limit paging with a max disk usage √
- drop messages when the disk page limit is reached ?
- higher priority for metric messages coming from the serves where the
brokers run √

Doing a quick review and google search I can't find other people having
similar experiences.

I also find that I can only drop messages the memory limit
<https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/paging.html> is reached,
not the disk limit.

Any ideas?

Re: Ring buffer with Artemis: paging mode

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
a kind of last value queue that would keep the last N messages would
make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure it's a topic.. although with the new addressing model it
would allow either topic or queue to be like that. you would need a
type of queue for that.

it's a totally new feature.. we would need to have a way to measure it
in relation to priorities... I mean.. if you want to contribute
code... fine.. I'm all for helping.. but it would be nice to measure
how important this is for other users so people can prioritize.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Ring buffer with Artemis: paging mode

Posted by Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.