Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andres Taborda <an...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/02 14:50:40 UTC

applets in cocoon

hello list,

can help me how put applets in cocoon.

can send me an examples.

Re: Store XML-posts in Oracle databse

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 03:40:23PM +0200, Andreas Busch wrote:
> I have to store posted XML-Documents  into a Oracle Database for Archiving, but i have no idea how to do this.
> I think SQLTransformer can not handle Blob/Clob as a stream!
> Something like this :
> 	<xsl:template match="/">
>   		<sql:execute-query>
>     		<sql:query>
>     		insert into incoming(id,docnummer,xmldata)
>     		values(inc_seq.nextval(),1,xmlelement('<xsl:copy-of select="/" />'))
>      		</sql:query>
>    		</sql:execute-query>
> 	</xsl:template>
>
> Can handle up to 4000 bytes only.
>
> After storing I have to process the xml and store it in relational tablestruktur so sqlTransformer/XSQL looks good for this job.
> Or must I write a custom Streamgenerator ??

In the Oracle 10g driver (backwards-compatible with 9) there is a
setBigStringTryClob parameter which gets around this limitation. See:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/codesnippet/jdbc/clob10g/handlingclobsinoraclejdbc10g.html
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Oracle+10g+drivers+to+solve+the+4000+character+limitation

--Jeff

Re: applets in cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 2 sept. 05, à 14:50, Andres Taborda a écrit :

> can help me how put applets in cocoon.

To activate an applet on an HTML page served by cocoon:

a) The generated HTML must include the appropiate <applet> or <object>
tag [1]. This has little to do with Cocoon itself, except that the
codebase and archive attributes must be correct so that the browser can
make more requests to Cocoon, with the correct URLs, to get the applet
code

b) The applet code (.class or .jar files) must be served by Cocoon
using a map:read, see http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/ServingStaticFiles

In case of doubt about whether the browser retrieves the correct
jar/class files, spy the HTTP traffic between browser and server to
find out what's happening - a common problem is not having the right
URLs or paths in the applet/object tags.

-Bertrand

[1]
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/applet/appletsonly/
appletTag.html