Posted to rpc-dev@xml.apache.org by Hannes Wallnoefer <ha...@helma.at> on 2001/07/20 22:47:21 UTC

Re: [XmlRpc-Java] Move to Apache

Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I noticed that the applet code was missing from the helma repository.
> If I did something incorrectly and this code is to be included than
> we will get that in there ASAP.

That's right, the applet package is not in the helma CVS. That's because
I was not happy with its structure - the applet package duplicates the
whole XML-RPC client plus parser for size considerations, which seemed
like overkill, given that the size of the whole package is pretty small.
So I planned to get rid of some duplicate functionality before checking
it in, but never came around to actually do it.

The applet package is still contained in the package on the old site:

http://helma.at/hannes/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-java.zip

I would propose to just take the actual applet classes and modify them
so they make use of the default XmlRpcClient.

- Hannes