Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Razvan Dragut <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/26 01:34:26 UTC

Sling bundles - Start Sling without launchers

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Sling and currently I am trying to evaluate it for a
project. The way I would like to use Sling is by deploying the sling bundles
in _my_ Felix instance. It looks like all the documentation refers to either
standalone or web container deployment. I've tried to install the bundles
separately but when these bundles are activated, they do not create a
repository and presumably they do none of the good things the standalone/web
distributions launcher does. Also tried the *launcher.base and
*launcher.bundles but the *launcher.bundles is not a valid OSGi bundle as it
only wraps everything in a jar file.
I guess I might have missed some bundles that have some activators
implemented or maybe it's not even possible to start Sling like that ?

If I missed some bundles - Which bundles are those that have activators to
initialise Sling to a usable state ? ... I've tried tons of them, I even
tried to look at the code, but couldn't spot it.

If it's not possible to have a Sling instance initialised this manner -
Wouldn't it restrict Sling's use cases ? Maybe one of the very likely use
case ?

Thanks very much,

Best Regards,

Razvan

Re: Sling bundles - Start Sling without launchers

Posted by Razvan Dragut <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank Justin,

Will give it a go and post the results back here ...

Cheers

Razvan

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
I think it'd be reasonably simple to produce this meta bundle via
maven-launchpad-plugin.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.