Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jenny Gibson <fl...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/03 15:26:17 UTC

opening documents

Posted on Facebook 21st July

This also happens when I open a new page been ongoing now for about 3 weeks
and yes I do need the document or I would not be opening it!

Please I need help I cannot find where to sign in on your opening home,
page but my problem is that for the past week every time I open a document
(regardless of whether or not I have done so before) I get the 'crashed'
box and have to 'start recovery' etc, this has been going on for a week. I
did download the latest version thinking that would solve it but to no
avail it is now becoming a nuisance what is the solution please?

Re: opening documents

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 16:26:17 +0100
Jenny Gibson <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Posted on Facebook 21st July
>

> This also happens when I open a new page been ongoing now for about 3 weeks
> and yes I do need the document or I would not be opening it!
>

> Please I need help I cannot find where to sign in on your opening home,
> page but my problem is that for the past week every time I open a document
> (regardless of whether or not I have done so before) I get the 'crashed'
> box and have to 'start recovery' etc, this has been going on for a week. I
> did download the latest version thinking that would solve it but to no
> avail it is now becoming a nuisance what is the solution please?

If it doesn't recover the document, then press Cancel, and reconcile yourself to  the fact that that document, as last edited, is irrecoverable.  If you have a Saved earlier copy, then use that and redo your last edits and additions.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>