Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Amresh Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/30 20:53:10 UTC

Kundera 2.0.2 Released

We are happy to announce release of Kundera 2.0.2

Kundera is a JPA 2.0 compliant, Object-Datastore Mapping Library for NoSQL
Datastores. The idea behind Kundera is to make working with NoSQL Databases
drop-dead simple and fun. It currently supports Cassandra, HBase and
MongoDB. New features added in this release are:

1. Kundera is now JPA 2.0 compliant.
2. Embedded objects/ collections support for HBase.

What's keeping us busy:
-----------------------
We are actively working on adding new features and improving existing ones
in Kundera. Some of them are:

- Cassandra 0.8 support
- Cross-store persistence
- Support for nested embedding
- Plugin architecture to let developers create their own plugin for a NoSQL
database support.

To download, use or contribute to Kundera, visit:
http://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera
An example twitter like application built using Kundera can be found at:
http://github.com/impetus-opensource/Kundera-Examples

NOSQL is as easy as SQL, if done through Kundera !
Happy working with NoSQL!!

Re: Kundera 2.0.2 Released

Posted by Rafael Almeida <al...@yahoo.com>.
On Saturday, July 30, 2011, Amresh Singh <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are happy to announce release of Kundera 2.0.2
>

> Kundera is a JPA 2.0 compliant, Object-Datastore Mapping Library for
> NoSQL Datastores. The idea behind Kundera is to make working with
> NoSQL Databases drop-dead simple and fun. It currently supports
> Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB. New features added in this release are:
>

> 1. Kundera is now JPA 2.0 compliant.

Interesting. I thought that, in order to be JPA compilant, you must
support transactions. Does Kundera implement transactions on top of
cassandra? I could be mixing things up, I have worked with EJB and
Hibernate inside an EJB environment. Maybe the transaction requirement
came from the EJB part of specification, not JPA. If I recall correctly,
JPA is just a part of EJB specification, right?

Also, you got the entire HQL to work with Cassandra, MongoDB and HBase?
That's impressive!