Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/08/06 18:41:31 UTC

[IMPORTANT] "master" is now open again

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone for helping, and being patient, with the master <-> 6.0.0 cleanup. I think we’ve got the tree to a state now where it’s reasonably stable, and usable. Therefor, master is once again open for all commits. Note that, as usual, master should always be considered stable, so it’s important to commit things with high confidence. It’s also never wrong to ask for a review if you are touching complex or unknown areas of the code. :).

Finally, going forward, please mark *all* commits you do on master as follows (this is same as always):

Make the Fix Version in Jira for the bug be 6.1.0.
Make sure the Jira Component is correct, that the Type is correct (Bug vs Improvement etc.), and finally, make the Title of the Jira descriptive to the problem.
Make the commit message include the Jira # (e.g. "TS-1234 Fixing a race condition in the HttpSM, broken by abcdefgh11234”.
Make the commit message descriptive.
clang-format is required (still), see

All of these are very important, because we no longer have a CHANGES file, so the Jira + commit message is our only forensics. So make a good habit about keeping Jira and commit messages descriptive, and accurate at all time.

Thanks!

— Leif