Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by ff_bogard <ff...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2014/03/20 03:50:05 UTC

Digital signature on MS-Office documents

Hi

 Please, could someone point me in the right direction to digitally sign an
Office document (docx, xlsx, pptx) using Apache POI?

 I have already reviewed the classes under
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.signature but I cannot understand how I could
add a signature to a document.
 I cannot find any working sample on Internet.

 Thanks in advance

Re: Digital signature on MS-Office documents

Posted by kiwiwings <an...@gmx.de>.
This sounds interesting - for a reference: [1] was the original thread.

Currently I'm working on the XOR decryption and so my codebase is not clean
(... and I don't want to open another orphaned branch (i.e. wmf_render ...
eventually continuing ...))
After that, I'll have a look at the original svn check-in, to see if we can
get away with less library dependencies and maybe an alternative
implementation to work around that mentioned lgpl stuff.

[1]
http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/Recent-additions-to-POI-quot-Added-implementation-of-Digital-Signature-support-quot-td2339353.html

Re: Digital signature on MS-Office documents

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, ff_bogard wrote:
> Please, could someone point me in the right direction to digitally sign
> an Office document (docx, xlsx, pptx) using Apache POI?

There was a proposed feature from Ugo to implement this several years ago,
but there were a few issues found with it. Sadly Ugo didn't have time to
finish fixing them before he stopped having the time to work on POI

If you're interested in this, the proposed code should be on bugzilla
somewhere, and we'd love to have someone help with finishing it off!

Nick