Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mick Szucs <mi...@magma.ca> on 2005/05/12 17:19:39 UTC

SA 3.0.3 SURBL problem

Hello,

SpamAssassin 3.0.3 on Fedora Core 2.

I'm trying to set up SURBL from the instructions at www.surbl.org

I've added:

urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
body      URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Has URI in JP at http://www.surbl.org/lists.html
tflags    URIBL_JP_SURBL  net
score URIBL_JP_SURBL    3.0

to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

SpamAssassin -D --lint says:

config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: urirhssub
URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
Failed to run URIBL_JP_SURBL SpamAssassin test, skipping:
        (Can't locate object method "check_uridnsbl" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 2340.)

Mick

Re: SA 3.0.3 SURBL problem - resolved

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> If this is documented somewhere, I couldn't find it.  Seems that the RPM
> I'm running from didn't include init.pre, though the tarball
> distribution does.

init.pre is a standard part of the distro.  If the RPM is missing it, it is
broken, and you should probably point that out to the maintainer thereof.

But be sure it is missing.  There is currently a problem that if you have an
old init.pre, a new version of SA won't overload it with the new version,
which has just a  whole bunch more loadplugin lines.

        Loren

Re: SA 3.0.3 SURBL problem - resolved

Posted by Mick Szucs <mi...@magma.ca>.
Mick Szucs wrote:

> SpamAssassin 3.0.3 on Fedora Core 2.
>
> I'm trying to set up SURBL from the instructions at www.surbl.org

Thank you to Martin Hepworth who pointed out that the plugin needs to be
loaded via /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre:

$ cat /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
# URIDNSBL - look up URLs found in the message against several DNS
# blocklists.
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

If this is documented somewhere, I couldn't find it.  Seems that the RPM
I'm running from didn't include init.pre, though the tarball
distribution does.

Thanks!

Mick