Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp> on 2006/06/06 06:22:59 UTC

Re: NoClassDefFoundError - can't find the servlet class under test

Hi,

You may already solved the problem.

In article <03...@tvpmail.ad.liberate.com>,
Thu, 4 May 2006 17:24:51 -0400,
"Varma, Nitesh" <ni...@tvworks.com> wrote:
nitesh_varma>  My cactified ear file contains the following:
nitesh_varma>
nitesh_varma> -          application jar file
nitesh_varma>
nitesh_varma> -          application war file
nitesh_varma>
nitesh_varma> -          cactus.war file
nitesh_varma>
[snip]
nitesh_varma> It seems like the cactus.war is not seeing classes under
nitesh_varma> [application.war] because of class loader issue.

I think it's the class-loader issue as you mentioned.

nitesh_varma> But my understanding is that application classes shouldn't
nitesh_varma> be included in cactus.war.

I think you should cactify application.war in your ear file
instead of cactus.war.

Separation of the production archive and the test archive may be important,
however, that does not mean that application classes and test classes
shouldn't be archived into the same war-archive.
In fact, cactifywar creates such test archive from an existing production
archive.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI