Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2002/12/13 00:19:52 UTC

Unit Testing, Test Suite

Hey All,

The Xerces-P project (which wraps Xerces-C and makes it available for
Perl), has a fairly extensive test suite for Xerces functionality. I
try to test all public classes and all public methods, but I'm not
nearly complete.

I know that have the automated regression tests are really REALLY
important for my code, and I don't know of anything similar for
Xerces-C. I was wondering if there was an interest to expand my test
suite so that it really did cover all classes/methods and then
maintain it as part of Xerces-C so that we can test mods to the API.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Unit Testing, Test Suite

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Gareth Reakes" <ga...@decisionsoft.com> writes:

> Id definitely be interested in that. At the very least I would like
> to run the tests as part of the checking the nightly build for
> linux.  There are some tests under the tests directory (the DOM
> tests in particlar test some of the API) but more is better!

Hey Gareth,

That's great. I think in the long run it will be a big help.

To run these tests requires XML::Xerces, the Perl module that wraps
Xerces-C. It should run out-of-the-box on linux. I will build and
upload an experimental release for 2.2, and send the URL.

Then we can discuss how to clean things up and how to start completing
the test suite.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Unit Testing, Test Suite

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi Jason,
	Id definitely be interested in that. At the very least I would
like to run the tests as part of the checking the nightly build for linux.
There are some tests under the tests directory (the DOM tests in particlar
test some of the API) but more is better!

Gareth

On 12 Dec 2002, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> The Xerces-P project (which wraps Xerces-C and makes it available for
> Perl), has a fairly extensive test suite for Xerces functionality. I
> try to test all public classes and all public methods, but I'm not
> nearly complete.
>
> I know that have the automated regression tests are really REALLY
> important for my code, and I don't know of anything similar for
> Xerces-C. I was wondering if there was an interest to expand my test
> suite so that it really did cover all classes/methods and then
> maintain it as part of Xerces-C so that we can test mods to the API.
>
> Cheers,
> jas.

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services