Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Collin VanDyck <cv...@mindspring.com> on 2002/12/30 19:47:55 UTC

AbstractSAXSource constructor throwing java.lang.NullPointerException

I've got a class that extends AbstractSAXSource.  My class's constructor is called with the parameters:

Environment
ComponentManager
Logger
and others...

The first time that this class is instantiated once the j2ee (Jboss) system has been started, it runs fine.  No problem.

However, subsequent calls to instantiate the AbstractSAXSource result in a java.lang.NullPointerException.  The frustrating thing is that that is all the information.  It does not tell me what is null.  I have checked each of the three parameters  before calling the super-constructor (super == AbstractSAXSource), and all three parameters are not null.

Is there any way for me to get more information out of this?  Wow, it's really frustrating.  Has anyone here had problems like this?

Unfortunately, I am an avalon/cocoon newbie, and  just inherited this application with little documentation.  I would really appreciate any pointers you all could give me on how to resolve this problem.

thanks,
Collin

----
Collin VanDyck