Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2021/03/17 13:03:08 UTC

12.4 Schedule (April 2 is 12.4 Beta)

Hi all,

Based on e-mails from Neil and myself over the past few days, not having
received any complaints, we're going to go ahead as Release Managers for
12.4, with me taking the lead and Neil being the supporting Release Manager.

Here is our schedule, we propose doing one Beta, before the Feature Freeze,
to enable early feedback -- and we will promote this on the users mailing
list too.

April   2: 12.4 Beta
April 16: 12.4 Feature freeze
April 21: Weekly Release Candidate 1
April 28: Weekly Release Candidate 2 (if needed)
May   5: Weekly Release Candidate 3 (if needed)
May   7 - 14: Voting
May 15 - 30: Release

The above is a finegrained version of the schedule for 12.4 as found here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Release+Schedule

*Tip: The above means 12.4 Beta is Friday, April 2, which is 2 1/2 weeks
from today.*

Thanks and any comments or thoughts welcome.

Gj