Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Lars Kiesow <lk...@uos.de> on 2015/09/25 16:59:17 UTC

Customize Generated `startup.properties`

Hi everyone,
third–and hopefully last–question for today is about the
startup.properties. When reviewing the patch that introduces Karaf in
our project, I noticed that it was not using the latest 3.x version of
Karaf. When I tried to upgrade that, it failed because it was shipping
a custom startup.properties even though the Maven Karaf Plugin will
generate one. Asking the author about this, I got the reply:

> By default, Karaf also loads the Spring deployer bundle. If this
> bundle is active, the security configuration files [...] are no longer
> loaded by our internal Spring Security handler. That's the reason why
> I've added a customized version of the startup.properties file.

Now my first thought was, that if that is the problem, it would make
much more sense to exclude that library then to ship a custom
startup.properties which makes it kind of hard to upgrade Karaf.

Is something like that possible?
Do you have another (maybe even better) solution?

Regards,
Lars