Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Aaron Robinson <aa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/28 11:33:22 UTC

Error instantiating class - the classes are definitely only in the war

Getting an "Error instantiating class" error when trying to run a cactus
test using with WebLogic 6.1

The test I have created is very simple, it has a single test method that is
empty.

If this test case extends the cactus ServletTestCase class directly
everything works okay.

I get the above error when introducing a class between the ServletTestCase
and my test case...

-----------------
|ServletTestCase|
-----------------
       /\

|------------------|
|BaseCactusTestCase|
|------------------|
       /\

|----------|
|MyTestCase|
|----------|

I have read through previous posts and this error occurs when the test case
can be found in more than oe place.

My ear contains a war and a number of utility jars. Only the war contains
the BaseCactusTestCase and MyTestCase.

The war has the following structure...

web-inf
  weblogic.xml
  web.xml
  classes
    com
       foo
          bar
             MyTestCase.class
          utility
             stuff
                BaseCactusTestCase.class
meta-inf
  Manifest.mf

...and other log4j jars etc

Any help very much appreciated

RE: Error instantiating class - the classes are definitely only in the war

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Aaron,

Could you provide us with the full stack trace you're getting and with
Cactus logs?

You're 100% sure you don't have any cactus jar in your system CLASSPATH
(i.e. the CP that you use when starting WL)?

Note: There should not be any problem. I'm doing exactly the same thing
on a project where we use WL 6.1.

Thanks
-Vincent