Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sm...@wipro.com on 2007/05/31 06:40:11 UTC

WS-Notification

Hi All

Can anybody explain me what's the difference between WS-Notification and
WS-Eventing?

Thanks And Regards

Smitha Aldrin

www.wipro.com

Re: WS-Notification

Posted by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, forgot to post the link:

http://devresource.hp.com/drc/specifications/wsm/

--
Saludos.
José Antonio Sánchez

Re: WS-Notification

Posted by José Antonio Sánchez <ge...@gmail.com>.

On 5/31/07, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a tangled political story, so maybe I won't portray it all
> correctly, but basically the story goes like this.
>
> IBM and Globus, plus a few others, got together and built a model for
> stateful services called the WS Resource Framework. Then they build
> Notifications on top of those stateful resources. Microsoft didn't like
> WS-RF, so they built a lightweight eventing model (WS Eventing) that didn't
> include WS-RF.
>
> Then there was an attempt to merge the two specs, which meant that they
> split Notifications into some parts (BaseN, Topics, BrokeredN). The idea was
> that BaseN and Eventing would be identical. However, I don't think this
> attempt ever fully succeeded. Maybe work is still going on to unify but I
> don't know about it.
>
> Paul
>
> On 5/31/07, smitha.aldrin@wipro.com <smitha.aldrin@wipro.com > wrote:
> >
> >  Hi All
> >

> > Can anybody explain me what's the difference between WS-Notification and
> > WS-Eventing?
> >

> > Thanks And Regards
> >
> > Smitha Aldrin
> >

> > The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
> > to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
> > may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are
> > not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
> > this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of
> > this message and any attachments.
> >
> > WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient
> > should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The
> > company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
> > by this email.
> >
> > www.wipro.com
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle
> OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
>
> blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
> paul@wso2.com

Saludos.
José Antonio Sánchez

berbose mode for org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL

Posted by Ce...@linedata.com.
hi,
there is a verbose option -v for the WSDL2Java tool but there is no such
option for the Java2WSDL

how can i get a verbose output when running this command ?

thanks

RE: WS-Notification

Posted by sm...@wipro.com.
Hi Paul

Thank you for the mail.

Then Is it wise to go ahead with Muse which supports WS_Nofification for
Webservices Eventing.

Thanks And Regards

Smitha Aldrin

________________________________

[...]