Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fabio da Silva Junior <fj...@univali.br> on 2009/02/18 13:45:04 UTC

Problems with Tomcat behind a Proxy server

Hello people from the list.

I work in a University and have a server running Tomcat 6 with many
applications on it. Here in the University, we connect to external
addresses trough a proxy server, with many restrictions. Some protocols
are blocked, but the HTTP and HTTPS are allowed. One of my applications
has to connect to an external web server to request some WCS and WMS
information.

But I can't make the application retrieve this information because the
proxy always returns a 407 (authentication required) error. I have
configured Tomcat to connect to the proxy by adding http.proxyHost and
http.proxyPort in catalina.properties. I put the option setProxy=true on
the Catalina.properties too. The same problem occurred, because an
authentication is obligatory.  So I used the http.proxyUser and
http.proxyPassword directive to solve the issue, but the error still
happens.

Is there any other configuration that I have forgotten or missed?

Plz. help me.

[]s