Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2023/04/18 08:01:32 UTC

Release TomEE 9.1.0

Hi all,

Looks like our backlog is starting to grow. We've done quite a lot of
updates and I was wondering if we should do a release for 9.1.0?

Note that there is an issue to fix before with the API Uber jar where the
tomcat classifier has the same content as the non tomcat classifier. This
was meant to not be the case, so in Tomcat we would use the API jars Tomcat
is providing.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-4199

Regards

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
It's not only TCK it's breaking backward compatibility and potentially
impacting users because we'll change APIs signature and of course
implementation in Tomcat.

EL 3, Servlet 6 and TagLib 3 have breaking changes and methods/classes
removed.

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Backporting the change and patching within TomEE shouldn't be a big
deal (as we already patch Tomcat within TomEE) :)

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Hi Richard,

I reviewed the PR and it looks good, so I don't see any reason why we would
not merge it.
Good point with the security scanners, we need to make sure it's somewhere
in the release notes, and in our website if possible.

Ok for a 9.1.0 because it's not only a patch, we have dependency upgrades
and our patching you just added.

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Richard Zowalla <ri...@zowalla.com>.
Hi,

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Swell <so...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Short update: JL did some fixes on the TCK setup and the TCK looks
good. Bug fixes and dep upgrades did not introduce any regression.

There is a full build running to include the final version of
arquillian (1.7.0.Final) + Jackson 2.15.1 (with some bug fixes included
in 2.15.0). If this is included, we are in good shape for 9.1.0, imho.

WDYT?

Gruß
Richard

Re: Release TomEE 9.1.0