Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mike Rumph <mi...@oracle.com> on 2014/01/16 17:22:02 UTC

ApacheCon 2014 question

Hello all,

I am trying to plan a trip to the ApacheCon 2014, April 7-9.
And I was wondering if there are any plans for Apache httpd project
specific events (such as hackathons or developer days) before or after
these dates?

Thanks,

Mike Rumph

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On 01/16/2014 11:22 AM, Mike Rumph wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to plan a trip to the ApacheCon 2014, April 7-9.
> And I was wondering if there are any plans for Apache httpd project
> specific events (such as hackathons or developer days) before or after
> these dates?

There will be a general hackathon space that runs for the entire conference.

I'd like to see a full track of httpd content for at least a day,
perhaps more, if we get the submissions. So far, the submissions are
pretty slim and at an introductory level. Anything we can do to get
these numbers up would be great.

I know we have a tendency to submit everything at the last minute, so
please don't forget that the last minute occurs at the end of next week.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
This wiki topic has been opened up to all registered users (I think).

Please sign up if you're going to be around, and check back for
specifics before the conference [maybe?]

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 1/16/14, 9:57 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> The conference announcement has a very vague reference to hackathons and
> barcamp; we'll need to find out when space is set aside for these activities.
>  AFAIK this has not yet been communicated internally.  (Hackathons usually take
> place on the same day(s) as training, and training is scheduled for April 10.)

If it's anything like last year the hackathon is just a big room where people
gather.  If a project has enough people saying they'll be going they reserve a
table for that project with a card on the table saying the project name so
everyone knows where to gather.  So if we'd like to get together it's typically
up to us to plan this.

> BTW, who is hoping/planning to be in Denver for a hackathon?

I'm anticipating being there.

Re: ApacheCon 2014 question

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.