Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by jon * <jo...@clearink.com> on 1999/07/14 23:39:28 UTC

Re: Magical O-S Projects (was: Re: Jakarta/Apache XML/RDFconfiguration file format(s))

>>     o Mailing lists that have really good performance
>
> Uh-huh.. :) Yes, the java.sun.com list *has* been having problems. :)

Actually, I was referring to when Cisco hosted the original Java Apache
mailing lists. It took almost 2 hours (or more) to get a message through
their systems. That is why the lists have been hosted on working-dogs.com
for the last 1.5 years. ;-)

But, you are right about java.sun.com...that is slow as well...should I
remind you about what I use for my mailing list software/hardware? I use a
single 200mhz mac running LetterRip Pro 3.0.5. Works great and I haven't
seen one single load problem.

-jon

Re: Magical O-S Projects (was: Re: Jakarta/ApacheXML/RDFconfiguration file format(s))

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.com>.
> But, you are right about java.sun.com...that is slow as well...should I
> remind you about what I use for my mailing list software/hardware? I use a
> single 200mhz mac running LetterRip Pro 3.0.5. Works great and I haven't
> seen one single load problem.

Yep -- I know. It's on the to-do list of things to fix when I get back
from Yokohama.

--
James Davidson
duncan@eng.sun.com                http://java.sun.com/products/servlet