Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com> on 2015/12/28 12:30:59 UTC

Question about Java EE certification TomEE and Plume

Hello everyone,

TomEE is quite nice but one thing which annoys me is about certification using EclipseLink.

Let me explain my concern:
Some application servers like Weblogic and even Liberty, quite recently, uses EclipseLink as the JPA layer.
But If I look at the TomEE docs, only the Plume delivery contains EclipseLink as the JPA layer, but this one is not Java EE 6 certified.

Just want to know, if there are future plans in order to have JAX-RS  delivery be Java EE 6 or Java EE 7 web profile certified but using EclipselInk (alternative to OpenJPA) as the JPA layer ?
I ask this question  because it will most probably ease our migration from some commercial app vendors to TomEE.

Best Regards.
________________________________

Re: Question about Java EE certification TomEE and Plume

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
To be complete JAXRS was certified only cause EE7 web profile is our (old
since tomee 7 is out ;)) JAXRS distribution so we got the certification for
our jaxrs distribution as well.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Correct.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
@Andy: we cant certified plume cause it brings more than web profile as
stated in this thread, that's why it is not and plus is not as well.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
ok, agree with that.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <ge...@managecat.com>.
I mean EE 7 and above TCK

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
> Currently ASF is not licensee of Oracle so no project in ASF can have access to TCK suite.

That’s simply FUD and not true. ASF has not licensed the EE7 tck because Oracle did breach the contract.
But the ASF has a EE6 TCK license.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <ge...@managecat.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello Romain,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <ge...@managecat.com>.
Hi Francois

Only Java EE 6 web profile had been certified in TomEE which includes WebProfile + JAX-RS.

Regards.

Gurkan Erdogdu
Founder, ManageCat
p. +1 (909) - 366 – 9337
a. 340 S Lemon Ave #7996 Walnut, CA 91789
w. http://managecat.com
e gerdogdu@managecat.com

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <Fr...@gemalto.com>.
Hello Romain,