Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Saviely <ca...@SDF.lonestar.org> on 2000/09/21 14:21:54 UTC

RE: Classpaths...

'alo,

Fortunately for you, whenever you use the Ant task to call a subproject,
you inherit the calling project's properties.  If both have a property of
the same name, the calling project overrides the subproject's property.

That sort of thing is under the description of the Ant task in the docs,
not in the properties part..  This is how I manage stuff; each person has
a main Ant XML file, which is used to call the buildfiles in the CVS
directory, overriding the default properties.  If there are any "special
needs" for a particular user, the buildfile can check if a certain
tag property is set (probably bad use), or the user's main XML file can
call it.

Saviely