Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Madan, Kapil" <Ka...@COGNOS.com> on 2001/11/22 14:53:43 UTC

PROBLEM DEPLOYING

Hi All
I am new to soap, just trying to deploy Hello service,
1. I wrote a simple class to return what is passed
    public String sayHelloTo(String name)
   {
      System.out.println("sayHelloTo(String name)");
      return "Hello " + name + ", How are you doing?";
   }

2. Used Admin tool to deploy the service

3. copied the class ( here i am not sure ) in Tomcat's classpath

# LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER CLASSPATH PROBLEM #

but when i run the client it says
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
  Fault String = Method 'sayHelloTo' is not supported.

Config: Tomcat 4.01
        Soap 2_2

In which directory should I put the class so that soap rpc router can find
it

But why does it shows 'sayHelloTo' in deployed in services list when it does
not know where is the class ??

Thanks in advance

may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it; do not open any
attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender by
e-mail promptly that you have done so.  Thank You.

Re: PROBLEM DEPLOYING

Posted by Nicholas Quaine <nq...@soapuser.com>.
Kapil,

if you walk through this tutorial http://www.soapuser.com/server1.html
it shows you exactly where to put the relevant war files and your classes
etc so as to ensure tomcat has access to everything it needs
it should be fairly easily adapted to your situation / machine configuration
if not, send me any question you have

regards,
Nicholas Quaine

Visit http://www.soapuser.com/