Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Smart Pigeon <zw...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/19 22:39:54 UTC

Does Jackrabbit support right-to-left languages such as Hebrew?

 I tried to search some Hebrew docs and it seems it does not work. Can
anyone tell me if Jackrabbit supports the right-to-left languages?

RE: Does Jackrabbit support right-to-left languages such as Hebrew?

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@onehippo.com>.
Hello Jukka et al,

> Hi,
>
> That's a bit trickier as Jackrabbit only uses a single Lucene
> Analyzer for a workspace. You should be fine if you don't
> mind using something like the StandardAnalyzer for all your
> content. The drawback is that the index won't then deal as
> well with non-English synonyms, stop words, plurals, etc.
>
> It might be possible, though probably quite tricky, to make
> the Analyzer configurable per node (or subtree), so you may
> want to file a feature request for that.

This feature has been added already quite some time ago, see JCR-1079.
See [1] at the bottom for how to configure a different analyzer per
property

-Ard

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/IndexingConfiguration

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Smart Pigeon <zw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could  you be kindly to tell me how to do this kind configuration? Can we
> have both left-to-right and right-to-left language docs in the same
> repository

Yes, that should be no problem.

Posted by Smart Pigeon <zw...@yahoo.com>.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could  you be kindly to tell me how to do this kind configuration? Can we
have both left-to-right and right-to-left language docs in the same
repository  and if so, can we formulate quries that can do the searches such

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,