Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Dave Barnes <db...@apache.org> on 2021/02/08 19:27:23 UTC

ASF Board Report Wizard - how are change percentages calculated?

On my project (geode.apache.org), some of this quarter's change percentages are way off, if they're comparing to the previous quarter. These percentages should be near zero, yes?

Today’s	stats:
- 322 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-13% decrease)
- 321 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-12% decrease)

Previous quarter:
- 324 PRs opened on GitHub
- 325 PRs closed on GitHub

Or am I misunderstanding how the percentages are figured?

Re: ASF Board Report Wizard - how are change percentages calculated?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 09/02/2021 18.32, Dave Barnes wrote:
> Thanks, Daniel.
> Based on my understanding of your explanation, I'll choose to trust the raw
> numbers and calculate the percentages based on those numbers.
> Do you concur?

You're free to do as you see fit, the numbers are only there as a helper
for "the big picture", not necessarily something to get too attached to.

The report wizard feeds off our kibble demo instance, found at
demo.kibble.apache.org - you can familiarize yourself with that as well,
and find data from within whatever time-frame you deem is most correct.

Posted by Dave Barnes <db...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Daniel.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.