Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 16:15:01 UTC

Is there a way to get the first 'n' children of a node?

We are building up some quite large (100,000) lists of items under a node.
 Each item is small but there are a lot of them.

I need to process these items but certainly don't need to get the full list
at a time.

I don't see any way to get 'some' of the nodes under a node.   When I ask
for the full list zk fails with a "Packet len xzy is out of range!" error.
 I could work around this by adjusting the jute buffer size but that's a
stop gap answer at best.

Thanks.

--
http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Is there a way to get the first 'n' children of a node?

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi Brian,

This is not supported right now. There are some open JIRAs related to
this feature:

I don't know if anybody is actively working on these JIRAs though.

--Michi