Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Hooman Valibeigi <ho...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/17 12:52:53 UTC

When is the next release due?

Hi

I am waiting for the next release of derby which includes the fix for bug
#6918 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6918>. The fix has been
committed to both 10.14 and 10.13 branches 7 months ago. Does anyone know
when the next release is due?

Best,
Hooman Valibeigi

Re: When is the next release due?

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 6/17/17 8:59 AM, Hooman Valibeigi wrote:
> Hi Rick,
>
> Bug #6918 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-6918> affects
> all versions of derby and there has been no release ever since its
> discovery and resolution.
> I think there should be a quicker release schedule for bug fixes as
> part of minor version upgrades and a longer schedule -- like the one
> currently in practice -- to get new features, enhancements and bug
> fixes as part of major version upgrades.
> Is there going to be a 10.13.1.2 release?
I think that there will be a 10.13.2 maintenance release later this
year. The developer community is discussing when that will happen.

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by Hooman Valibeigi <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rick,