Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by zl...@sina.com on 2012/08/30 13:19:03 UTC

a problem with producer(it block for some minutes)

 Hi,all
	I meet a problem with producer. When the producer client is initializing, it block for some minutes.	I find it block at "producer = new Producer<String, String>(config)".	Is it the problem of zookeeper? I think so. But I could not find what wrong with it.	The cluster is an zookeeper and four brokers.	At the begin, the cluster work well. The producer client and consumer client work well too.	But now, the initialization of producer client is very slow, it block at "producer = new Producer<String, String>(config)" 	for some minutes. When the connection has finished, it work well.	The consumer client work well now. It has not occured block when initializing.	I use the kafka 0.7.1.	I want to know what is the reason. How can I resolve it?	Thanks.

Re: a problem with producer(it block for some minutes)

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Could you try connecting ZK from a ZK shell and see if there is a
connection issue?

Thanks,

Jun