Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/29 00:28:26 UTC

T5 Hibernate and t:layout

Howdy,

I'm using tapestry-hibernate with hibernate/annotations.  I know that
tapestry-hibernate for T5 is very new, so this is mainly just a
heads-up:  I get an error trying to call the session.load (class,
serializable) method.  My entity class is called
"org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person".  It does have a <mapping> entry
in the hibernate.cfg.xml, and here's the exception message.

Unable to add method java.lang.Object get(java.lang.Object) to class
$PropertyConduit_1119a564237: [source error] no such class:
org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e8117f19

Also <t:layout> no longer seems to be supported.  Where'd it go?

Cheers,
Bill

--
"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

     -- Traditional

Re: T5 Hibernate and t:layout

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Hibernate creates its own class loaders; I need to make some of the
Tapestry code smarter about noticing that and updating itself to seach
for classes in those loaders.

Yes, the tapestry-hibernate stuff at this point is pretty much a placeholder.

On 3/28/07, Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'm using tapestry-hibernate with hibernate/annotations.  I know that
> tapestry-hibernate for T5 is very new, so this is mainly just a
> heads-up:  I get an error trying to call the session.load (class,
> serializable) method.  My entity class is called
> "org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person".  It does have a <mapping> entry
> in the hibernate.cfg.xml, and here's the exception message.
>
> Unable to add method java.lang.Object get(java.lang.Object) to class
> $PropertyConduit_1119a564237: [source error] no such class:
> org.gp.contactweb.entities.Person$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$e8117f19
>
> Also <t:layout> no longer seems to be supported.  Where'd it go?
>
> Cheers,
> Bill
>
> --
> "The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."
>
>      -- Traditional

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry