Posted to community@apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 14:55:28 UTC

Restrictions on ASF presentation

Hi guys,

I am speaking in september this year in front of a java user group.
Its a small audience of lets say 10 people or so. They want to learn
about the ASF, how it all works, what projects are running and "the
apache way".

I think its ok for me to make up a small presentation myself. Or do I
have any restrictions or something, besides not to speak about things
on the private lists?

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 17/03/2011 15:50, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> On 17/03/2011 14:11, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> It would actually be nice to have a shared presentation on this subject
>>> that everybody can reuse.
>>
>> There was some discussion on this over on the ComDev lists about this [1]. Unfortunately nobody has found the time to collate the resources and add them to our website.
>>

> If someone can send me the account info required to upload the
> stuff to the site, and regen the site docs for the pointers,
> I'll do it...

The comdev site is open to all committers (via the ASF CMS). Publish is
limited to comdev PMC members. I doubt it would be a problem adding you
to the PMC if you so desire, in the meantime just fire a quick mail to
dev@community.apache.org and we'll regen the site whenever instructed to.

We don't yet have an appropriate section for the site so just create a
new page and we can link it from "starting points" on the home page.

Actually, while I'm at it, our site is starting to get more and more
content. We'd welcome some help in getting some proper structure in there.

Ross

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 17/03/2011 14:11, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> It would actually be nice to have a shared presentation on this subject
> that everybody can reuse.

There was some discussion on this over on the ComDev lists about this
[1]. Unfortunately nobody has found the time to collate the resources
and add them to our website.

ComDev would seem to be the sensible place for a home for these
resources. Please add suitable presentations to the issue at [2], I've
already added the ones from the above thread. We'll hopefully get around
to making them available in a more sensible way (help welcome at
dev@community.apache.org).

In the meantime at least COMDEV-62 provides a central place to record
available resources

Ross

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/m4ul6ckltlcgz44s
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMDEV-62

--
rgardler@apache.org
@rgardler

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 21/03/2011 10:47, Isabel Drost wrote:
> On 17.03.2011 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> We should really have a central place for us to put all
>> these... I for one would be happy to put all my ASF/AC
>> preso's in one single ASF location.
>
> A bit easier to do and keep up to date: How about at least keeping a list of
> material that is available online someplace public? At Apache Mahout we keep
> that list in the wiki so that even people who are not project members can add
> their material:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/books-tutorials-and-talks.html

Please see my mail in this thread.

The ComDev site is open to all committers. It would be great if people
add stuff there.

Ross

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.
On 17.03.2011 Jim Jagielski wrote:
> We should really have a central place for us to put all
> these... I for one would be happy to put all my ASF/AC
> preso's in one single ASF location.

A bit easier to do and keep up to date: How about at least keeping a list of
material that is available online someplace public? At Apache Mahout we keep
that list in the wiki so that even people who are not project members can add
their material:

https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/books-tutorials-and-talks.html

Isabel

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 17/03/11 14:55, Christian Grobmeier a écrit :
>>
>> I think its ok for me to make up a small presentation myself. Or do I
>> have any restrictions or something, besides not to speak about things
>> on the private lists?

It is fine to make your own presentation. There are no restrictions
other than accurately representing yourself (i.e.- I am a
committer/member/officer).

> I'm also interested in this as I also plan to do the same kind of
> presentation to the local JUG in Toulouse, France.
>
> It would actually be nice to have a shared presentation on this subject that
> everybody can reuse.

Anyone is welcome to use the materials from my previous presentations
on "The Apache Way":

  http://www.slideshare.net/jaaronfarr/presentations

If someone wants the original Keynote file, I can provide that too.

--
   J. Aaron // 傑仁

Re: Restrictions on ASF presentation

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.
+1

regards,
gerhard

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 03/17/2011 02:55 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am speaking in september this year in front of a java user group.
> Its a small audience of lets say 10 people or so. They want to learn
> about the ASF, how it all works, what projects are running and "the
> apache way".

May reuse J Aaron stuff:
http://www.slideshare.net/jaaronfarr/the-apache-way ;-)

Cheers