Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Keast Ann <ke...@bah.com> on 2004/09/08 23:49:30 UTC

Securing Axis Best Practices Time Estimate

Hi All,

How long does it typically take to secure Axis for a production
environment?
I"m not talking about securing my webservice code - but Axis itself for
a production environment.

This is in reference to the "Securing Axis" section located on:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/ws-axis/java/docs/security.html

Thank you,
Ann

Re: Securing Axis Best Practices Time Estimate

Posted by Keast Ann <ke...@bah.com>.
Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say - I was hoping to get a feel on
what it took from people who had done it.

Please assume low familiarity with Axis source code. Also assume that
we're logging everything and we will not use Servlets2.3 filters.
This is really an estimate on hardening the Axis source code:
disguising, renaming stuff, and cutting down the build.

If someone were to ask me, how long will it take for you to build a web
site that meets XYZ requirements? - I would be able to have a ballpark
estimate for the customer. This is the same type of question, only since
I don't really have experience securing Axis - I thought I'd ask other
people who do.

Thank you,
Ann

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.