Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mark Pimentel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/22 05:54:41 UTC

[Axis2] Google SoC - Test Suggestions

Hi everyone,

As you recall, I'm working on a Google project to develop an XML
binary serializer for Axis2.

I've just started looking at the Axis2 code, and attempting to deploy
a basic web service with it.  However, I've started on some basic XML
parsing and serializing, and would like to play around with some test
data on it.

With only limited knowledge of the overall Axis2 architecture, I'm
wondering if anyone could give me advice on what kind of test
scenarios I can work with.  Should I just try to serialize any XML
input file, or are there any specific Axis2-related suggestions?

Thanks!
Mark

RE: [Axis2] Google SoC - Test Suggestions

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all,

> hi mark
>
> i don't want to take anything away from eran's comments but have
> something i'd like to add.
>
> if you do want some background on axis2, then there is documentation on
> axis in the repository. maven site:generate will build the documentation
> into target/doc.

All these docs are published in the site, http://ws.apache.org/axis2 as
well. So one can either use maven or go to the site.

>if you have any problems or questions about getting
> axis2 up and running then asking them on the user list may get a fuller
> response.
>
> don't forget: anything you have trouble with and which the documentation
> doesn't cover probably needs to be added to the user guide. IMHO
> creating documentation is the best way to learn an open source project.
> so, go ahead and submit a patch ;)

Great Idea. +1 ;)

-- Eran Chinthaka

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
hi mark

i don't want to take anything away from eran's comments but have
something i'd like to add.

if you do want some background on axis2, then there is documentation on
axis in the repository. maven site:generate will build the documentation
into target/doc. if you have any problems or questions about getting

Posted by Tatu Saloranta <co...@yahoo.com>.
--- Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Well Mark,
>
> U don't need to understand Axis2 a lot. I'd say
> nothing at all.
>
> You just read the binary information according to
> the binary specification
> and throw StAX events depending on that. And create
> a binary stream
> according to some stax events. See, u need nothing
> to know abt Axis2.

And if you want to learn more about StAX (API,
implementations), this mailing list may be useful:

I'm sure StAX implementors (myself included) would be
interested in binary serialization aspects. And the
code that exists might be of use to you.
In fact, it may be that J2ME folks might be most
interested in the binary format, if it's significantly
more compact than the textual serialization.

-+ Tatu +-

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

RE: [Axis2] Google SoC - Test Suggestions

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Well Mark,

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hey your wiki page is still empty.