Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Norman Barker <no...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 00:52:57 UTC

Solr as a registry

Hi,

how difficult would it be (as in pure conceptual discussion) to turn
Solr into a service registry?  One of the key things about a registry
is searching (usually by a taxonomy), are there ways to associate /
classify documents and to identify collections in solr/lucene?

The classic way to write a registry is to use ORM techniques, and I
just wonder is text search is perhaps a better (more flexible) way.

So for example if I had an XML schema defining my service types I
could index documents (services / datasets) of that type.

Any thoughts appreciated ...

Norman