Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/03 13:23:51 UTC

CS SystemVM with with running apache web server

Hi folks,

I noticed today that CS system VMs have a running apache webserver
listening ports 80 and 443. I looked at its configs, and it seems to do
nothing. At least, I could not find anything interesting there. Thus, there
was just a default listening on port 80 and 443, with nothing else.

Is it really needed? Can I shut down those webservers?

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: CS SystemVM with with running apache web server

Posted by Tejas Sheth <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

   Recently i noticed that our proxy vm is not working and when we restart
the proxy vm gives error of stopping apache server and proxy console vm
gives time out message... we are troubleshooting the same.

    We checked that our proxy con vm is not listning port 443

Thanks
Tejas

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.
If the apache webserver is not needed in VR and SSVM it should be disabled,
in order to avoid points of failures/attacks.
I just noticed that servers because we scanned our network looking for some
server that may be forgotten without the patch for Heartbleed problem.

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
For VR web server (port 80) is used when user data service is enabled.
For ssvm it used for required for template/iso download.

Thanks,
Jayapal

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

On 3 December 2014 at 13:23, Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@gmail.com

--

Andrija Panić

Re: CS SystemVM with with running apache web server

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić