Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com> on 2012/05/05 11:36:59 UTC

Kafka as brokerless/serverless lightweight queue

Hello Masters,

I'm looking for lightweight queue that doesn't need server/broker
installation, just a jar file that i can stick it to my application lib.
Can i use kafka for my above use case?

Thanks in advance,
Erwin

Re: Kafka as brokerless/serverless lightweight queue

Posted by Evan Chan <ev...@ooyala.com>.
Once you have Kafka linked, you do something like this:

    val server = new KafkaServer(new KafkaConfig(props))
    server.startup()

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Bo Sun <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> use sbt compile the kafka to a jar. and use it ,make your app as a
> broker/producer
>
> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Evan,
> >
> > I'd appreciate if you could elaborate how did you embed Kafka in an app?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Erwin
> >
> > On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Evan chan <ev...@ooyala.com> wrote:
> >
> > > It is easy to embed Kafka though within an app and start it that way.
>  We
> > > do this for testing.  I think this is what he is asking.
> > >
> > > -Evan
> > > Carry your candle, run to the darkness
> > > Seek out the helpless, deceived and poor
> > > Hold out your candle for all to see it
> > > Take your candle, and go light your world

> > lib.

*Evan Chan*
Senior Software Engineer |
ev@ooyala.com | (650) 996-4600
www.ooyala.com | blog <http://www.ooyala.com/blog> |
@ooyala<http://www.twitter.com/ooyala>

Re: Kafka as brokerless/serverless lightweight queue

Posted by Bo Sun <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erwin Karbasi <er...@optinity.com>.
Hello Evan,

Posted by Evan chan <ev...@ooyala.com>.