Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com> on 2011/04/25 14:28:55 UTC

Applying Tomcat Patches

Hi,

Can someone please point me to the documentation which specifies the steps to follow to patch the Tomcat server with the latest security patches released.

Thanks,
Asha

RE: Applying Tomcat Patches

Posted by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com>.
HI Chuck

Oops Gotchya ..

Thanks,
Asha

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

RE: Applying Tomcat Patches

Posted by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com>.
HI Chuck,

Thanks a lot for getting back on this. Can you please point me to the link where I can download Tomcat patches from ? Every time I searched for I only found .patch files like in http://people.apache.org/~rjung/patches/ or this link http://tomcat.apache.org/security-7.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_7.0.12_(released_6_Apr_2011) which just specifies the changes in the fix. But I couldn't find any link from which I can download the .tar or .zip files.

Thanks,
Asha

> Can someone please point me to the documentation which specifies
> the steps to follow to patch the Tomcat server with the latest
> security patches released.

1) download the latest .tar.gz or .zip file for the major version of Tomcat you're using

2) install

You're done.

Note that fixes are only being made to Tomcat 5.5, 6.0, and 7.0; there are no fixes available for older versions.

 - Chuck

RE: Applying Tomcat Patches

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.