Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/03/26 05:24:42 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Update of "Hbase/HbaseArchitecture" by udanax

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by udanax:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/HbaseArchitecture

  And then, vertical(column) data set by one of RDF properties can be read fast from Table, because it is column-stored.
  Please let me know if you don't agree with me.

+
+ === My think. ===
+
+ by [wiki:udanax Udanax] [[MailTo(webmaster AT SPAMFREE udanax DOT org)]]
+
+ First I would like to pay my respect to your committment to the Hbase Project and this is my opinion.
+ [[BR]]Based on the Paper, the picture belows expresses the concept of BigTable when 'T' is the table and Column Families 'A' and its Attribute-values are like the followings.
+
+ [http://mirror.udanax.org/~udanax/rsync1/blog_udanax_org/udanax/280/o_full.jpg]
+
+ BigTable is the storage layer of the sparse matrix data.
+ [[BR]]And the goal is not Data Selection even though it is very useful feature, but Matrix Computation and Aggregation.
+
+ Then, I think architecture need to be like this
+
+  * Data Storage Conceptual
+  * Data Distribution
+  * Segment Format
+  * Data Management Tools
+  * Parallel Matrix Computation, Parallel Aggregation Engine
+  * Parallel Analysis Interface
+  * Example
+  * Benefits, Benchmark Report / Discussion
+
+ and theses are the major component list I think architecture need to have
+ [[BR]]So, I would like to discuss the arhcitecture of Hbase with you in detail.
+
+