Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ge...@gta-travel.com on 2007/09/10 16:03:05 UTC

[users@httpd] jk-runtime-status file

Hi
Platform: Linux LONGAPA02C 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:04:42 EDT
2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Httpd: httpd-2.0.52-32.3.ent.centos4
mod_jk .25

When using mod_jk it complains about this file not being present

 No JkShmFile defined in httpd.conf. Using default
/etc/httpd/logs/jk-runtime-status

The documentation does not state what this file is actually used for nor
have I seen any adverse effects for not explictely defining it.

Any ideas...

Regards

[users@httpd] jk-runtime-status file

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com wrote:
> When using mod_jk it complains about this file not being present
>
>  No JkShmFile defined in httpd.conf. Using default
> /etc/httpd/logs/jk-runtime-status
>
> The documentation does not state what this file is actually used for nor
> have I seen any adverse effects for not explictely defining it.

The shm file is a Shared Memory storage, usually it's used to share
informations between multiple Apache servers to handle load balancing.

Davide

--
'Windows for Dummies'; says it all, really.
--Gary Barnes

Re: [users@httpd] jk-runtime-status file

Posted by Bj <bj...@gmail.com>.
This file is used for shared memory, lock, ...of mod_jk threads.
if you don't declare it in your mod_jk config file, mod_jk will create a
default one in your http log directory.

--
Bj

On 9/10/07, Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com <