Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrea De Gaetano <de...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/16 16:45:51 UTC

OCI and Realm Problem

Hi,
  I'm having some problem setting up Realm with OCI.
I have a new Tomcat enviroment, clean, with only one application installed.
This application use JDBCRealm with Oracle driver for jdbc for
authentication and it display simple jsp page containing text messagges.

Everything works with the "Thin" Driver, instead with OCI driver, after the
login procedure the java virtual machine crash with some memory dump
messagges...
The ojdbc14.jar is in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib

These are my enviroment variable:

export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0/client
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_17/
export CATALINA_BASE=/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.27
export TOMCAT_HOME=/opt/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.27
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib

The server is a 64 bit machine but I don't think there is problem about it.
I don't use other library ...
I don't understand why it crash..
I can attach a part of the log error messages if it can help.

Any suggestion will be appreciated
Thanks you

Re: OCI and Realm Problem

Posted by Andrea De Gaetano <de...@yahoo.com>.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:

> Are you running a 64-bit JVM? How about the native portion of the Oracle
> library? Is that 32-bit or 64-bit?

It was a 64 bit enviroment...
I tried the same application on another enviroment and the problem doesn't
appear.
I don't know what it is the problem with that installation but it's not my
problem.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Re: OCI and Realm Problem

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.