Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@apache.org> on 2019/03/29 15:58:33 UTC

[MESSAGE] Self-Introductory Message

Hi Everyone,

Well it is official now, for the next year I'll be the Chairman/VP of the
Apache CloudStack Project.  To dive straight into the clichés; for me it is
an honour and a privilege to hold this position.

There are so many awesome people doing awesome things in this CloudStack
community. And there are also many people that I meet that, although can’t
say so due to their company policies, genuinely appreciate what everyone
does.

I have no big technical agenda that I wish to push during my tenure. I
would just like to try to bottle the sense of camaraderie and family that I
feel whenever I'm at a CloudStack Collaboration Conference and bring that
to the community as a whole; throughout the year.

I would like to try to bring closer together the 'users' and the
'developers' in the community.  I think that the 'developers' can benefit
from users' insights but also experience the positivity and excitement that
new helpful features generate, and 'users' can benefit from seeing how
tricky trying to develop features in a constantly shifting landscape is.

I will also try to encourage organisations which use CloudStack but don't
talk about it to get out and do so, I see it as an easy way for them to
protect their investment in CloudStack as its a virtual circle that will
lead to more organisations following suit, which in turn will bring even
more interest and participation in the project.

And finally... if nothing else, please excuse the use of English spelling.

Many thanks

Paul Angus
Chairman/VP of the Apache CloudStack Project