Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by rajkumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 08:24:58 UTC

Error with openJPA multithreading

Hi All,

i have configured syncope in 2 environment (Dev and Prod). in DEV
environment i am not facing any issues but In production environment below
issues i am facing. Kindly help me to solve the issue.

I am running the Task and i am able to update and create users, but after
the step when i try to go to any other page, window keep on loading and
getting timeout to read error. In log file i am getting below error.

*09:31:15.459 ERROR org.apache.syncope.client.console.widgets.JobWidget -
Unexpected error while checking for updated Job info
org.apache.syncope.common.lib.SyncopeClientException: Unknown
[PersistenceException: Multiple concurrent threads attempted to access a
single broker. By default brokers are not thread safe; if you require and/or
intend a broker to be accessed by more than one thread, set the
openjpa.Multithreaded property to true to override the default behavior.]
	at
org.apache.syncope.common.lib.SyncopeClientException.build(SyncopeClientException.java:37)
~[syncope-common-lib-2.0.2.jar:2.0.2]*

Kindly help me with this issue to resolve. In my search i found that, we
need to change the openJPA.Multithreading property to true. Kindly assist me
where i can find the exact path to change the same or let me know if any
alternate solution there.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Error with openJPA multithreading

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Il 2017-06-14 18:43 justin.isenhour ha scritto:
> Is anyone able to provide any insight into this issue as I am getting
> this
> quite often during testing both from the syncope console and from
> direct API
> calls.

Hi,
this error seldom appears to me as well, but it is so rare that I could
not find a way to reproduce it.

Please, send more details about your environment, Syncope version and
distribution, and operations that lead to such error.

Anyway, I made some fixes in the current 2.0.4-SNAPSHOT which should be
preventing such errors to occur, maybe you'd want to give it a try.

Regards.
--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Error with openJPA multithreading

Posted by "justin.isenhour" <ju...@compass-usa.com>.

Posted by "justin.isenhour" <ju...@compass-usa.com>.
Rajkumar,

Were you able to solve this issue, I am facing the same error.  I will see
this sometimes when using the admin console at the same time someone is
hitting the REST endpoints.  I know the message says you can override the
Multithreaded property for OpenJPA to override this but I have concerns
about doing that.  I have seen many OpenJPA posts where people advise
against this because it is "buggy" and can cause deadlocks at the DB.