Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/01 13:03:57 UTC

Re: Cookie not recognized

On 30/06/2008, timvanderet <ti...@comcast.net> wrote:

>  >
>  Oops, overlooked that bit:
>
>  Servers send Set-Cookie
>  Browsers send Cookie
>
>  as can be seen from the Tree View Listener.
>

> I changed the name of the header in the http header manager from
>  "set-cookie" to "cookie" meaning the header manager now looks like this:
>  Name: cookie Value: JUSERCOOKIE=${jUserId}
>
>  Now there is no evidence of any sort of request being sent. Before the http
>  tree showed a request "set-cookie: JUSERCOOKIE=139283..." Now after the
>  change there is no request shown, and the cookie still doesn't show up in
>  the list under "Cookie Data"

The Header Manager does not send a request; it just provides headers
for the samplers in scope.

The cookie won't show up under Cookie Data because it is being treated
as a header, not a cookie.

Re: Cookie not recognized

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/07/2008, timvanderet <ti...@comcast.net> wrote:

>  I was able to log in after making a few adjustments. When i was recording the
>  test through the proxy, the cookie that wasn't being recognized was being
>  passed as a parameter in all of the http requests.

Then it's not really a cookie ...

>  I replaced this hard
>  coded value (the value of the cookie during the session it had been
>  recorded) with the jUserId variable we extracted earlier. Although this
>  isn't an ideal solution, I dont know how else to make it work, but it does
>  work.

Presumably the browser was doing this using some Javascript; the
solution seems fine to me.

Re: Cookie not recognized

Posted by timvanderet <ti...@comcast.net>.
I was able to log in after making a few adjustments. When i was recording the
test through the proxy, the cookie that wasn't being recognized was being
passed as a parameter in all of the http requests. I replaced this hard