Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by zozul <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 14:55:25 UTC

Contributing custom validation messages

Hi, and welcome everyone.

I'm pretty new to tapestry, so still learning a lot about it, thus there is
large probability my question is a basic one.

I've encountered a problem with overriding default application wide
validation messages.

My application package is org.example.myapp, and i've put
myValidationMessages.properties file within org.example.myapp.validators
package. The properties file for now is a copy of
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.ValidationMessages.properties. Still after
calling

public void contributeValidationMessagesSource(OrderedConfiguration<String>
configuration) {

configuration.override("Default","/org/example/myapp/validators/validators");
    }

in AppModule i get always "missing key" information while validation.

My best thought was that maybe .properties file is not copied to .war, but
its there in "/WEB-INF/classes/org/example/myapp/validators/", so maybe i
put the file in wrong place?

Thanks, Matthew

Re: Contributing custom validation messages

Posted by zozul <zo...@gmail.com>.
There is typo in what i wrote, should be

public void contributeValidationMessagesSource(OrderedConfiguration<String>
configuration) {

configuration.override("Default","/org/example/myapp/validators/myValidationMessages");
    }

instead of that what is, but i made it writing here, not while testing it,
so problem remains the same