Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> on 2008/03/26 03:02:03 UTC

Heads up for adding your own cert

Just to get this into the mail archives:

I used openssl to generate a rsa key pair, a CSR, and finally a signed cert.

However to get the private key to work on Java I had to run this command to
prep the private key:

   openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in hi5modules.com.key -outform PEM >
hi5modules.com_new.key

Without that I had odd errors like this:

   algid parse error, not a sequence

Re: Heads up for adding your own cert

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Can you add this to the wiki (assuming you have access now, of course)?

We really need to start putting this sort of thing there. Trolling mail
archives is painful.

--
~Kevin