Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com> on 2006/04/10 16:33:19 UTC

Roundrobin between multiple consumers

Hi all,

I would like to setup a system where a Topic or Queue (not sure which to use
yet) can have multiple consumers and roundrobin messages between the
consumers with only one consumer getting any given message. Is this
something that already exists in ActiveMQ or do I have to build that
functionality on top of ActiveMQ?

Kind thanks,
Serge

Re: Roundrobin between multiple consumers

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/06, ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Thanks, is this sort of functionality exposed in Mule when using JMS as the
> transport?

Its exposed to any JMS client application; whether using the JMS API
directly or some abstraction on top

> I am still trying to evaluate if there is any reason for me to
> look at using mule instead of straight out JMS/ActiveMQ.

Sepends on what you need to do.

If you are just writing POJOs and want to hide the JMS API stuff you
might wanna use Lingo

http://lingo.codehaus.org/

--

James
-------

Re: Roundrobin between multiple consumers

Posted by ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com>.
Hi James,

Thanks, is this sort of functionality exposed in Mule when using JMS as the
transport? I am still trying to evaluate if there is any reason for me to

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thats something that already exists today; just use multiple consumers
on a queue and thats pretty much how things behave. If you want to add
explicit round robin dispatching, we have one of those...

http://activemq.codehaus.org/maven/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/region/policy/RoundRobinDispatchPolicy.html

On 4/10/06, ssozonoff <se...@sozonoff.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to setup a system where a Topic or Queue (not sure which to use
> yet) can have multiple consumers and roundrobin messages between the
> consumers with only one consumer getting any given message. Is this
> something that already exists in ActiveMQ or do I have to build that
> functionality on top of ActiveMQ?
>
> Kind thanks,
> Serge

James